1) If I couldn't live in my favorite place, the DFW metroplex, I would pick my second: Nashville. I'm here now, and am reminded of its beauty, friendly people, great climate, and delicious down-home cooking. Oh, and my favorite cousin lives here.
2) I found out Anderson Cooper is the son of Gloria Vanderbilt. I think that is very interesting.
3) I'm reading one of my most favorite books in the whole world: Eugenia Price's THE BURDEN IS LIGHT. It's old - but still incredibly good. It's the story of her turning from atheism to Christianity in 1949.
4) My cousin's son, Scott, (I think he would be my 'first-cousin-once-removed') went last night at midnight to a Nashville book store dressed up as Harry Potter - to buy the new book, actually three of them. By this morning he and his sister had already read a hundred of pages of that book. Hmm. Maybe I need to try it. At least to be literate.
5) A drive-thru Starbucks is coming near to my house soon. Oh dear. I'll have to really work on my self-control issues.