5 days TLCH.
5 things I've learned this week:
1) our auto mechanic tells people to never buy a Volkswagen. Hmm. He said people are always bringing them in to get worked on. They need so much maintenance and are always having problems. Also the Volkswagen place is the only place where the oil can be changed. --- Rats. I liked Volkswagens.
2) one should never leave a car with a sun roof parked for a long period of time under tree branches. Somehow the leaves end up in a part of the sun roof and then, well, something happens that can - long story short - ruin the computer in the car. Live and learn.
3) the movie THE GOLDEN COMPASS did not do as well this weekend as its producers thought it would. I have yet to hear from someone other than a paid critic how it was.
4) those Jimmy Dean ‘fully cooked’ sausage patties that you zap in the microwave aren’t nearly as tasty as the ones you cook yourself. Oh, and Owens sausage is the BEST. (My dear dad would never eat anything but Owens.)
5) those Salvation Army people who ring the bells to get donations ARE paid. I had thought they were just volunteers. (And I think it’s great that they’re paid, by the way.)
I am thinking of my hometown now. Mission, Texas. And McAllen, Texas. And Mercedes, Texas, where I was born. And Donna, Texas, so near there...
Bear Valley Community Church held its fall festival last Sunday. It was FUN! Here are a few pictures (I put even more on facebook the othe...
Maybe I have too much time on my hands. (NO!!!!! ---- I used to have NO time on my hands -- so don't take time away from me now!!!) ...
If you live in Kentucky you tell folks which county you're from, not which town, well, unless, I guess you're from Louisville or Lex...