... TO BE THANKFUL FOR.
When I get moody... down... yuck... it helps to STOP. TAKE OUT SOME PAPER.
.... and WRITE DOWN EVERYTHING THAT COMES TO MIND TO BE THANKFUL FOR.
I capitalized all that because I think it's important to BE THANKFUL.
It's hard to worry when you're thankful.
It's hard to be negative when you're thankful.
Don't you think so?
I have some people I know that are in DIRE STRAITS. ... and yet they are thankful... for friends, and family, and future.
Let's think about some things to be thankful for....
For me I'll think about....
- running water
- a bed to sleep on
- the ability to read
- memory (that I don't have Alzheimer's)
- the Bible (this is no small thing)
- two hands - and the ability to write... and type... and doodle....
- my alarm clock
- my husband, Sam.... he is so wise... and faithful... (and funny, too)
- my family of origin.... it was loving... and accepting... and fun...
- kids - I didn't think I could have any... and look who God gave me (Will and Laura)!
- my kids' spouses (Bailey and Ryan). (Oh yes. Mmm.)
- my mom- (I thought she'd keel over after taking care of my twin back in 1984-89)
- and this year. .... I lived to 2010! Hurray!
So those are a few things.
What are yours?
You don't have to tell me.
Just think about them...
... and I'll bet you'll smile.
... for Thanksgiving. We've been married 42 years - and that is how long we have NEVER been away from some of our family members for Tha...
Maybe I have too much time on my hands. (NO!!!!! ---- I used to have NO time on my hands -- so don't take time away from me now!!!) ...
Bear Valley Community Church held its fall festival last Sunday. It was FUN! Here are a few pictures (I put even more on facebook the othe...
Well, I've got this NEW look. I like it. I've gotten some NEW pains, which tell me I am out of shape (which I already knew). Ye...