- Ohio is the only US state without a rectangular flag. Ohio's flag is a pennant. (Hi, Connie!)
- Only one foreign country--Liberia in Africa--has a capital city named after an American president. The capital is Monrovia, named after James Monroe.
- Teeth are the only parts of the human body that can't repair themselves.
- There's only one city in the United States named merely "Beach." It is found in North Dakota, which is a land-locked state.
- The word "nerd" was first coined by Dr. Seuss in "If I Ran the Zoo."
- "Goodbye" came from "God bye" which came from "God be with you."
- Notables who were the only child in their families include Ansel Adams, Hans Christian Andersen, Carol Burnett, Raymond Chandler, Eric Clapton, Robert Englund, Marcie Gosdin, Charlton Heston, James Earl Jones, Ted Koppel, Barry Manilow, Maria Montessori, Jack Nicholson, Al Pacino, Lisa Marie Presley, Pres. Franklin D. Roosevelt, Jean-Paul Sartre, Frank Sinatra, Robin Williams, and Tiger Woods.
- Dr. Seuss wrote "Green Eggs and Ham" after his editor dared him to write a book using fewer than 50 different words.
- Almonds are one of only two nuts mentioned in the Bible. The other is the pistachio nut.
There you have some trivia.
I have a new poll up!! Thanks for voting!!