Trick-or-treating has existed since medieval times. Back then, it was known as "guising" in Scotland and Ireland. Young people dressed up in costumes and asked for food or money in exchange for songs, poems, or other "tricks." Today, the tradition has morphed into children to getting dressed up and asking for candy.
And now for some trivia about the 1978 movie HALLOWEEN...
- "Halloween" was made in only 21 days in 1978 on a very limited budget.
- The movie was shot in the Spring and used fake autumn leaves.
- The mask used by Michael Meyers in the movie "Halloween" was actually William Shatner's mask painted white. (!)
- The character Laurie Strode, played by Jamie Lee Curtis was named after John Carpenter's first girlfriend.
- While the setting for the story is in Illinois, the vehicles have California license plates.
Hmm. I don't think that it would be edifying.
But it might be fun. ??
(I like fun.)
The fear of Halloween is known as Samhainopobia.
That's all for today.
Have a great week!